Are you someone who loves to make computers do your work for you? Do you enjoy working on a diverse set of projects with a diverse group of people? Do you value professional growth and continuous self improvement? If so, Smashing Boxes is looking for an experienced QA Engineer who has a knack for problem solving, a love for bleeding-edge technology, and a strong desire to work smarter not harder. If you live to solve the mysteries of the world, while researching ways to make your job more efficient, we have a place for you!
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Author and execute test plans with a great attention to detail and usability
- Work with web and mobile developers to expand their test suites and coverage
- Adhere to core testing principles set by team and group leadership
- Record and document results and compare to expected results
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications
- Document anomalies and issues in solid bug reports
- Participate in application planning and grooming meetings
- Ensure data integrity standards
We have a few core requirements, they are:
- A strong understanding of software application testing methodologies
- Firm grasp of the software development life cycle, technical requirements, and project management
- Prior automation, software testing, or programming experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong eye for detail and ability to quickly define defects
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a team
- Exceptional communication and organizational abilities
And if you can check these boxes as well, we'll order you a whole pizza on your first day. Yep, just for you:
- Mobile application testing experience is awesome!
- Previous agency experience is awesome!
- SauceLabs testing experience is awesome!
- Appium knowledge is super awesome!
Creativity and innovation are fueled by a little R&R. We value work-life balance above all else and bake it right in with benefits like:
- 10 paid holidays (includes your birthday off!)
- 15 days of paid vacation accrued your first year, 20 days after three years, and 25 days after five
We are a family and families take care of each other. We prove it with benefits like:
- Health and dental coverage with 100% of employee premiums paid by Smashing Boxes
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Honor-system work-from-home sick leave plus two "I'm not working at all" sick days
- Three months fully paid maternity leave; one month fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible work schedule including work from home options
Plus we've got all the basics covered; and then some:
- Simple IRA with 3% company match
- Coffee, snacks, beer on tap from local breweries
- Innovation time every Friday afternoon
- Ongoing learning opportunities and support