An Account Manager is a vital member of the Smashing Boxes Growth Team. This role will support the client lifecycle in collaborating across disciplines to shape client engagements, drive the proposal process from developing the brief through signature and kickoff, and continuously grow existing relationships with an eye toward additional opportunities. Our AMs are nimble connectors who get people around them excited about and engaged in their processes. They lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism to successfully communicate between production expertise, client needs and business strategies in order to solve diverse, complex challenges.
A typical day might entail:
- Leading a new project kick off while maintaining detailed meeting notes.
- Collaborating across disciplines to to finalize an RFP for a submission deadline.
- Successfully negotiating a new maintenance contract with an existing client.
Success looks like:
- Juggling multiple projects and deadlines with grace and humor.
- Quickly building cross-discipline relationships across the Company in order to effectively help generate and capture written, verbal and visual input in a collaborative way resulting in client proposals, estimates and contracts.
- Supporting the Sales Team in closing leads and meeting Company revenue goals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5+ years proven work experience as an Account Manager or in other relevant sales or project management role.
- Excellent listening, writing, negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account-related projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- High-level of knowledge of, exposure to and/or passion for the software/technology industry, the digital side of advertising/marketing, or other relevant experience in technical services.
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Hubspot).
- Familiarity with client-facing work and a willingness to go out into the market and attend events, network, etc.
- Someone used to working in a small, nimble startup environment – fun, fast-paced and exciting.
- An awesome attitude, a positive outlook on life and a desire to make an impact.
- Work with Sales to develop client-facing proposals that speak to client's business needs and showcase Company's strategic approach.
- Coordinate with Production team to gather technical specifications, user needs documentation, estimate accurate project costs and resourcing needs.
- Write legally binding contracts upon approval and negotiate with client to successfully close sales.
- Act as the liaison between key customers and internal teams prior to handoff and lead project kickoffs, working closely with the Production and Leadership teams.
- Retain clients and identify opportunities to extend and expand business
- Spearhead the Account Management role by working closely with Leadership team to audit, refine, document, and implement processes, improve and maintain visibility and transparency.
- Manage complaints and problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Update internal CRM databases with account information.
We value work-life balance above all else and bake it right in with benefits like:
- 10 paid holidays (includes your birthday off!)
- 15 days of paid vacation accrued your first year, 20 days after three years, and 25 days after five
We are a family and families take care of each other. We prove it with benefits like:
- Health and dental coverage with 100% of employee premiums paid by Smashing Boxes
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Three months fully paid maternity leave; one month fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible work schedule including work from home options
Plus we've got all the basics covered; and then some:
- Simple IRA with 3% company match
- Coffee, snacks, beer on tap from local breweries
- Innovation time every Friday afternoon
- Ongoing learning opportunities and support