Smashing Boxes is looking for a tenacious growth leader who will play a critical role in continuing to build our growing design team. You will be given both the authority and accountability to impact our teams, clients, and company through your leadership and creative vision. You’ll inspire and coach team members to create outcome-driven work across projects while fostering engagement and inclusion. You’ll maintain and expand existing relationships through your thoughtful, consultative, and user-centered approach to projects and collaborate with our Growth team to acquire and grow future partnerships.
You possess the ability to pivot between rapid iteration and deeper investigations to better understand how solutions will support business objectives. You love working with your hands and can turn product requirements into sketches, wireframes, UI designs and prototypes that bring them to life. You have experience in UX research and a mastery of UX/UI best practices. You can expertly facilitate a meeting and run and lead discovery engagements from planning to completion.
- 7+ Years of experience in UX/UI, IA, and software development (Scrum)
- Effective presenter and clear communicator with an ability to work effectively within a cross-functional and multidisciplinary team environment and in a variety of industries
- Leadership and team management experience; adept at performance management
- Business acumen
- Expert proficiency in Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite; Intermediate proficiency in CSS and HTML
- Be an influencer throughout the company and capable of inspiring team members
- Understand and able to compile customer experience, service design, and outcomes derived from metrics
- Collaborate with executive leadership to codify and package our design service offerings
- Able to prioritize and balance business outcomes and engineering constraints with UX, brand, and visual design; adapt to to real-time obstacles and conceive of multiple solutions
- Build and oversee user research process; hands-on involvement in qualitative research, needfinding, design and/or user experience
- Lead next-level execution: Quickly synthesize research to get to the “so what” moment; uncover actionable insights, key frameworks, and opportunity areas
- Engage with the design and entrepreneur communities via spoken and written content in support of company awareness and other responsibilities.
- Participate in sales meetings / discussions with our Growth team, demonstrating our confidence and expertise and instilling excitement, motivation and confidence in our potential clients.
- Empower and challenge the Design team to use their talents effectively and identify opportunities for development and skill share.
- Share insights related to UX and Design Department, from team composition, design tactics, new skills & capabilities, etc. that may benefit the company as a whole.
Creativity and innovation are fueled by a little R&R. We value work-life balance above all else and bake it right in with benefits like:
- 10 paid holidays (includes your birthday off!)
- 15 days of paid vacation accrued your first year, 20 days after three years, and 25 days after five
We are a family and families take care of each other. We prove it with benefits like:
- Health and dental coverage with 100% of employee premiums paid by Smashing Boxes
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid bonding leave for new parents
- Flexible work schedule including work from home options
Plus we've got all the basics covered; and then some:
- Simple IRA with 3% company match
- Coffee, snacks, beer on tap from local breweries
- Ongoing learning opportunities and support