Interested in the latest technology trends? Inspired by Innovation & Entrepreneurship? Experienced in graphic design for various media and audiences? Enjoy working in a renovated office located in the heart of downtown Durham? Then join us at Smashing Boxes as a UX/Graphic Design Intern for the Marketing Team!
You should be creative yet organized, skillful yet strategic-minded. You will be responsible for providing support for the marketing department through a variety of channels, including print, digital, web, video and other as assigned. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
Your typical week might include:
- Design content assets for website, social, email, etc.
- PPT layout/design
- Conduct UX research for Marketing Team
- Information and infographic design
- Retouch and manipulate images
- Editorial design, newsletters, and other publications
- Other projects as assigned
We have a few core requirements, they are:
- Rising junior or senior
- Possess a portfolio of design samples
- Pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Advertising, Digital Marketing or a closely related field
- Knowledge of current and past UX/design and design-thinking trends and best practices
- Proficiency with the standard suite of Adobe applications and ppt
- Creative mind, with prior successes in driving the creative process.
- Strong understanding of branding and adherence to brand guidelines
- Demonstrates sound judgment and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to details
- Locally based
- This is an educational, unpaid internship