Interested in the latest technology trends? Inspired by Innovation & Entrepreneurship? Experienced in writing content for various media and audiences? Enjoy working in a dog-friendly, renovated warehouse located in the heart of downtown Durham?
We are seeking a prolific and talented part-time/freelance content creator to expand our company’s digital footprint, and generate subscribers and leads. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and serious research chops. If you possess the curiosity of a journalist, the attention to detail of a detective, proficiency in speaking “geek,” and the heart of a storyteller, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
- Create and contribute to long-and-short-form content projects (examples include ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, etc.).
- Craft key messages for various stages of the decision-making journey based on personas.
- Research technology and related market trends
- Optimize content for search engines and lead generation.
- Support sales enablement through creation of collateral, including pitch decks, case studies, and brochures.
- Create and contribute to articles on a wide range of topics for the blog in order to attract site visitors through search, social, and our email subscribers.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, sales, external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of key stakeholders and our audience.
- Leverage analytics to improve content strategy.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- 2-3 years of marketing and content creation experience.
- Past experience producing content for the web, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, Medium, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.).
- Preference for candidates with experience in B2B, technology and healthcare.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Familiarity with SEO guidelines and keyword research tools (e.g. Moz and Google Keyword Planner)