We are looking for an Engagement Manager to join our growing and dynamic team. This person will translate business objectives into prioritized user stories. This person will collaborate with a Principal Architect and our clients/partners in developing short-term project plans and long-term product roadmaps, and driving these forward to ensure a continuous and successful project. Your key objective is to maximize the value of the project we are building, and you will do this by wearing many hats throughout the project life cycle, including business strategist, product designer, market analyst, client/partner liaison, and project shepherd.
Managing the interests of both internal and external stakeholders can be challenging, which is why we take a collaborative approach to client happiness. Engagement Managers create alignment across key, cross-functional team members to ensure overall vision is clear. You are constantly evaluating and weighing the ROI on feature development and seeking harmony and alignment between competing interests. Successful candidates are collaborative, proactive, tenacious, growth-minded leaders and reliable problem-solvers.
Your typical responsibilities might include:
- With our clients, define project vision and create plans and roadmaps that support bringing this to life.
- Collect and analyze feedback from users, customers, stakeholders, and other teams to shape requirements, features and solutions.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those features that provide maximum value; tie these back to the vision and strategy.
- Shepherd backlog management and prioritization; support the elaboration of user stories when needed.
- Incorporate feedback and input from customers, partners, and in-house teams on strategy; find creative ways to expand market reach and partner with our in-house UX capabilities.
- Be the steward of our clients budget; proactively mitigate unanticipated or agreed-to scope increases and budget overages
Required "hard" skills:
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on the basics: define/align on project KPIs; groom features, write user stories, and create effective acceptance criteria; track and analyze key performance metrics; clear written and verbal communication to support collaborative team environment; ability to clearly communicate business vision to their teams
- Ability to manage within a digital agency setting, well-versed in both agile and waterfall environments.
- 4+ years prior in account/product/project management experience with software development organizations.
- Strong knowledge of technical applications, programs and standards. You can talk the talk, even if you can’t code.
- Knowledge and experience in UX research and user testing methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Leadership with integrity, transparency and direct attitude.
- Ability to anticipate risks in advance, provide solutions to mitigate those risks and change plans accordingly.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, salesmanship skills and presentation chops with a passion and curiosity for new technologies.
CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION ARE FUELED BY A LITTLE R&R. WE VALUE WORK-LIFE BALANCE ABOVE ALL:
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days of paid vacation accrued your first year, 20 days after three years and 25 days after five
WE ARE FAMILY AND FAMILIES TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER:
- Full health and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible work schedule including work from home options
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
PLUS WE’VE GOT ALL THE BASICS COVERED, AND THEN SOME:
- Simple IRA with 3% company match
- Coffee, snacks, beer on tap from local breweries
- Ongoing learning opportunities and support