An Account Executive at Smashing Boxes is a vital member of the Growth Team who will field incoming leads, prospect new potential clients, assist in qualifying and converting viable leads into active clients, and collaborate across disciplines to ensure qualified opportunities are developed and supported through close. Successful AEs will be an organized, self-directed, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills, learn quickly, embrace ambiguity, prototype new thinking and relish the opportunity to guide potential clients and project teams in translating challenges and questions into opportunities for innovation. Ultimately, this role will boost sales and contribute to the Company’s long-term business growth.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of sales experience / lead generation (preferred).
- Excellent relationship builder and problem solver with a hunter mentality.
- Knowledge and exposure to the software/technology industry, the digital side of advertising/marketing, or other relevant experience in technical services
- Experience pursuing and closing new business, combined with organic business growth.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account-related projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced sales environment, comfort with ambiguity, embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate with and to present to and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
- Solid knowledge of CRM software (ie Hubspot).
- Someone used to working in a small, nimble startup environment – fun, fast-paced and exciting.
- An awesome attitude, a positive outlook on life and a desire to make an impact!
- Meet all key performance metrics and goals on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities.
- Research organizations/individuals to assess the level of opportunity.
- Initiate contact with new potential clients through outbound prospecting/cold calls.
- Act as a key owner of tools for tracking and reporting on new leads and relationships.
- Coordinate with Production teams to estimate accurate project costs and resourcing.
- Improve and maintain visibility and transparency in sales pipeline and new business processes.
We value work-life balance above all else and bake it right in with benefits like:
- 10 paid holidays (includes your birthday off!)
- 15 days of paid vacation accrued your first year, 20 days after three years, and 25 days after five
We are a family and families take care of each other. We prove it with benefits like:
- Health and dental coverage with 100% of employee premiums paid by Smashing Boxes
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Three months fully paid maternity leave; one month fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible work schedule including work from home options
Plus we've got all the basics covered; and then some:
- Simple IRA with 3% company match
- Coffee, snacks, beer on tap from local breweries
- Innovation time every Friday afternoon
- Ongoing learning opportunities and support