If you are building your own product, here’s a “Cliff’s Notes” version of the QA process to help you get your product off the ground.
Here are 5 quick and easy tips for QA testing your own product:
- Does it meet your requirements?
- Check that the product looks like the design specifications
- View the product in all required web browsers and/or mobile devices
- Ensure that the product meets your expectations
- Does the product work correctly?
- Opening or downloading the product occurs with ease
- Login (if applicable) works with associated permissions
- All buttons and links work and navigate to where you’d expect them to
- Any forms or fields can be filled out and submitted
- Product does not seem to “lag” or “freeze”
- Do you see any bugs?
- Check the use and functionality in all required browsers and mobile devices
- Fill out forms with invalid information (i.e. leave a required field blank) and see if you can still submit it
- Close and reopen the product and ensure consistency
- How does the product “feel?” How “usable” is it?
- See that the product has a natural feel and flow
- Check that all links and buttons seem intuitive as to what they do
- Investigate any abnormal behavior
- How can this be built upon for further improvement?
- Brainstorm ways the product could be enhanced in another development phase
- Think about how the website or application would look and feel with more features
Of course, if you want professional QA — which we highly recommend — give us a shout about your project!
We design, develop, and ship custom software for web, mobile, and connected applications and experiences. GET IN TOUCH.